year year

1956-1959

"Proiect București" Construction Design Institute

The young engineer Traian Popp graduated the university in 1956 and began his career at the "Proiect București" Construction Design Institute, where he worked for 3 years. The first construction projected was a small building of masonry houses located near the Cotroceni Palace.

1959-1993

"Carpați" Construction Design Institute

Perhaps the most prolific period of Traian Popp's activity was at the "Carpați" Construction Design Institute in Bucharest, during which time he participates, directly elaborates and coordinates the design teams of emblematic buildings in Romania and abroad. These include the Palace Hall, the Romanian Television building, the National Theater in Bucharest and the Parliament Palace, as well as the Romanian Embassy in Bonn, the Hippodrome in Abu-Dhabi or the Intercontinental Hotel in Athens and Crete and the Porto-Caras hotel complex in Halkidiki, Greece.

year year

1994

Establishment of Aedificia MP Construction Design Office

With the conclusion of the formal activity within the "Carpați" Construction Design Institute, Traian Popp sets up a new design office together with Mr. Acad. Prof. Dr. Panaite Mazilu. The office will be called Aedificia MP and will be the place where the founders of the Popp & Asociații group will meet a few years later. Dragoș Marcu and Mădălin Coman, the future partners of Popp & Asociații, met at Aedificia MP after graduating university. Here they start their design activity and work together on projects such as the consolidation and expansion of the Majestic Hotel and the expansion of the Hilton Hotel in Bucharest. In the years spent at Aedificia MP, Dragoș and Mădălin become the "de facto" leaders of the company, as the economic context heads to progress.

2002

Establishment of Popp & Asociații

The new Popp & Asociații design office is founded in 2002 by Traian Popp together with the young engineers Dragoș Marcu and Mădălin Coman. The start-up period of the company was represented by a continuous evolution, determined by an intuitive management, in a country where the profile industry had lagged behind the general growth trends. The recognition of the team was achieved from the beginning through large-scale projects, when we set out to create an environment to promote innovative design, an environment that motivates and brings satisfaction to team members during their work.

year year

2002-2004

First large-scale projects

The company started from the beginning with large-scale works such as designing the office building located in Charles de Gaulle Square in Bucharest, or the consolidation works for the Palace of Justice in Bucharest. The two projects gave the newly established office an opportunity to demonstrate its ability by proposing and implementing cutting-edge technical solutions: design and execution of top-down system for the 5B+GF+17F office building and the complex solution for consolidating one of the largest administrative buildings existing in the country.

2007-2009

New directions: Geotechnical Engineering and Project Management

As the company gained notoriety and the contracted projects became more and more demanding, the need to approach new distinct business directions emerged: Geotechnical Engineering and Project Management. The two new directions have been programmed and designed to cover a certain niche market and, at the same time, to provide support for the basic design activity.

year year

2009-2012

The economic crisis

The situation during the economic crisis was harsh, being felt at all levels. However, it was decisive to determine the shareholders to preserve the company and the brand at any cost, the profit accumulated in the previous years being kept and used to cover the difficult years. There was then an important core of the team that understood and chose to carry the burden together. It was an extremely important thing, without which it would not have been possible to get over those moments.

2012

Establishment of Research-Development Department

With the expansion and consolidation of the company's activity, the need was felt to maintain and constantly improve the level of knowledge and technical standards practiced by our team. The Research-Development Department was established to be our technological peak, keeping in many aspects the original spirit that gave birth to the company.