06 December 2022
3D laser scanning is a fast and accurate process of measuring an existing or under-construction building, a piece of land, or an object.
By using modern 3D laser scanning technology, our team collects spatial data (clouds of points) in a much shorter time than using the classic method, and the results have a maximum degree of accuracy, after just one scanning session of the objective.
The interpretation and processing of the point clouds are then carried out by experienced engineers and architects and 2D plans, vertical and/or horizontal sections, plans/reliefs of the facades, the 3D model or the BIM model of the building is generated, depending on the needs and the degree of detail requested by the client.
For data collection, we use the FARO Focus 3D-S70 scanner, one of the most powerful devices on the market at the moment. With exceptional data capture efficiency, quality, and accuracy, the FARO Focus 3D-S70 scanning range is up to 350 m. The device can be controlled remotely using smartphones, along with a stable and fast wireless workflow.
3D LASER SCANNING BENEFICIARIES
- Building owners
- Architects, architecture firms
- Engineers, design firms
- General contractors
- Facility management companies
- Other construction specialists
WHAT IS THE USE OF 3D LASER SCANNING?
- Rehabilitation/consolidation of buildings or parts of the building;
- Renovation of historical monument buildings, with the exact restoration of the original architectural form, including the details;
- Redevelopment/ reconversion of space or building based on measurements collected and interpreted correctly and precisely, which leads to the maximization of the space;
- Creating a digital model of the building, useful in future conversions.